Thursday, January 28, 2016

Work Work Balance: A Moment of Self-Doubt

This post is a moment of honesty about where my head was at last week.
As I said in my 2016 goals, I want to earn my money from writing and from social media management. Well, until that happens I still have to earn a living. I currently work in theater, backstage. It’s been tough trying to find the balance between starting a new career and leaving the old one behind. On the days that I work, I don’t have the energy to write. But if I don’t put all of my energy towards this, I’ll always wonder what if…
I’ve been wondering if having a career in writing is possible for me. It took over a year for me to really get my theater career going post graduation. In that year, that was all I was focused on. However, I don’t have a year to wait before I see results. Financially, I need results sooner rather than later. Like in the gif, I’m feeling a bit lost. Lost about how to get to where I want to be and what to do in the mean time. Should I keep applying for other jobs? Or should I hope that this writing thing works out? Not that finding another job is that easy. I’ve applied to over 50 jobs in the last year and gotten zero. I’m being pulled in many different directions with no clear path.

No comments:

Post a Comment