Saturday, January 9, 2016

This Week in Writing: Choosing a Path

THINGS WRITTEN THIS WEEK: 3 (including this piece)
Newsletter #4: Heavy                                                                                  
PITCHES SENT: 0
First week of writing. I didn’t send out any pitches. Instead I worked on my pitch and wrote. I’m still feeling very out of practice with writing so I don’t plan on sending out a pitch just yet. However, I have been creating a list of places I’d like to pitch and the types of articles I’d pitch to them. Since being out of school, my ability to concentrate has gotten terrible. Because I have a manual labor job, I haven’t needed to use my mind this much in a long time.
I’ve been following Nicole Dieker’s career for a while now. She started off writing for content farms at $0.03 a word. I’m debating whether or not to sign up for a content farm. Rephrase that. I’ve signed up for one but I have not spent much time looking around the site other than passing the preliminary test. The content farms offer potential money right now, but also takes time away from cultivating my own writing voice and getting my own work published. I realize that both of this scenarios could fail because the world isn’t a simple binary. That’s where I’m at this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment