Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Adele, Books, and Sarcasm

The author of this article read 100 books in 2015. She breaks down her reading challenge my month. Each book is listed along with a rating out of 5 and how many days it took her to finish the book. My reading challenge this year is 75 books. Even if I don’t succeed, the real goal is to read more than I did last year and to make reading a priority.
READ/LISTENED: Adele’s New Album 25
I purchased Adele’s new album last week. It’s heartbreakingly sad but gorgeous. It’s been my soundtrack for all of the rainy days of late. While interneting I ran into this article, How to Make Listening to Adele Even Sadder. The author is driving in the car with her 3 year old daughter as she asks about Adele’s song Hello. It’s a sweet exchange about love songs and what music makes us feel. FAVORITE SONGS: Send My Love, When We Were Young, Sweetest Devotion
“Her: Why’s she yelling?
Me: She’s yelling because she’s sad about someone.
Her: We need to make her laugh.
Me: Yeah, I don’t think we can do that right now.
Her: What is he yelling about?
Me: She. She’s yelling because she misses someone far away she loves very much.
Her: So she has to be loud?
Me: Yes, because she wants that person she loves to hear her.
Her: Because she’s far.”
WATCHED: Lena Dunham in conversation with Caitlin Moran 
 This hour long interview discussion was inspiring. It was the first thing I watched that made me excited to make things again, excited to say something. As one would, I was supposed to go to bed and instead crocheted a stocking and stayed up until 3am. They discuss feminism, racism, writing processes and everything in between.
HUMOR: Why Dating a Bisexual is Hard
 If The Onion made a video about bisexuality, this is what they would make. It is dripping in sarcasm and sass.
image
Martin Shkreli is the real life Mr. Burns from The Simpsons. He hiked a medications price by 5,000%, then received a huge backlash. The New Yorker wrote an onion style humorous piece about his lawyer hiking his fee 5,000% just because he could.

No comments:

Post a Comment