Friday, January 29, 2016

This Week in Writing: LinkedIn

Pieces Written: 6                                                                                                           Pieces Published: 4 (including this piece)                                                              Pitches Sent: 2
Newsletter: The Fuck Off Fund
On Monday I will be posting a monthly roundup of everything I’ve written along with the total number of pitches I sent out.
Thoughts this week revolve around linkedin. I have a linkedin profile however I never use it. I set it up in frustration about a year ago but never saw it as beneficial to my work in theater. Most of my theater jobs came from being in the right place at the right time. And I was frustrated by the platforms limitations. Yes, I work all of these jobs simultaneously. No I can’t succinctly describe what I do. 
I read a few articles this week that implored me to reconsider how I was using the platform. My take away is that I should use Linkedin like how I use facebook and twitter-join groups, interact with people, publish updates. I’m just hesitant to add another place I must check in to. Have any of you found linkedin helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment