Sunday, January 31, 2016

This Week in Writing: Self-Promotion

*This was published on my tumblr page: arianaburrell.tumblr.com on Jan 22, 2016. I forgot to repost it here.
Pieces Written: 4                                                                                                  Pieces Published: 2 (including this piece)                                                       Pitches Sent: 1



It’s been an off week. I’ve just felt out of sorts. 
I’ve always struggled with self-promotion. Or even sharing things when someone asks how things are going. I’m trying to find the balance of sharing what I created but not feel like I’m bombarding people. But I’m proud of the things I create. I keep reminding myself that people chose to subscribe/follow me online and therefore are interested in what I’m up to. I realize that I have to tell people what I’m up to if I ever hope to land any clients. That is what’s been on mind this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment