Tuesday, August 9, 2016

This Week in Writing: Taking my career seriously

Total Pieces Written: 7
Total Pieces Published: 6
Total Pitches Sent: 0

July 2016 Wrap Up
VIDEO: Life Update
VIDEO: But I Didn’t (Poem/TW)
VIDEO: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
VIDEO: VidCon 2015
VIDEO: 2015 in Pictures

I spent a fair amount of 2015 complaining about the lack of progress in my own projects. But at the end of the day it’s up to me to create things. I can’t expect people to support or pay for my content if I don’t produce any.

The people whose careers I admire dabble in a bit of everything - The Vlogbrothers, Emma Gannon, Amanda Palmer, Dodie Clark. I want to try new things and be allowed to meander between mediums. And to get paid for the things that my name is attached to.

So this month I am doing VEDA-video every day in August. Or almost every day. I’m planning on making 20 videos, so one video each weekday.

Ariana Burrell is a freelance writer and poet working in Southern California. You can find her lurking around the internet here: Instagram or Twitter or Website. If you’re so inclined you can leave her a tip here.

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2aEJVJL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment