Sunday, August 21, 2016

I Ship It Webseries Thoughts (SPOILERS)

I finished watching I Ship It the webseries on the CW Seed by Yulin Kuang. First off, congratulations to Yulin on her successes. It’s been a pleasure watching her micro series Kissing in the Rain up to I Ship It. I know how much work you must have put into this series, especially because this is the longest thing you’ve worked on before. It’s the length of a feature film broken up into 10 chunks.

I LOVED the last chunk of episodes. That’s where the story really came together for me. I understood who these people are and why they wanted what they wanted. 

I love that Ella chose herself. Her line about not being a vending machine was SO true. I appreciate the flipping of the script. Ella doesn’t end up with anyone. No one neatly pairs off because that’s not real life. Denver and Sasha don’t end up together. I love how Sasha handles it. She acknowledges that Denver doesn’t want the same thing and respects that decision. 

Music. I’ve been listening to the soundtrack on repeat since it was released on soundcloud. The music was great, especially the songs Ella sings. Kirstyn Hippe wrote some catchy tunes. Ella’s last song was one of my favorites. Ella, “I watch too many shows and read too many books and have too many feelings, so I write nerd rock songs and that makes it better.” I think that’s why a lot of us make art.  


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2b9V8SH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment