Friday, February 5, 2016

This Week in Writing: Setting Goals

Total Pieces Written: 3                                                                                             Total Pieces Published: 3                                                                                         Total Pitches Sent: 1     
I was really down on myself at the end of last week until I wrote my January wrap up. It was really helpful seeing the numbers in black and white. I wrote almost daily and send out a few pitches. Progress was made, even if it didn’t feel like it. Social media management lagged. I didn’t post much nor did I do any work towards gaining any clients. So yesterday, I set clearer goals. I am giving myself six months to see some progress. By progress I mean having some pitches accepted, getting paid for those articles, and acquiring a new client as a social media manager. At the six month mark if nothing has changed, I will reevaluate. Part of the problem was unactionable goals. No one can expect to see huge changes in the span of a few weeks. With these new goals, I hope to have a clearer idea of where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment