Sunday, September 18, 2016

This Week in Writing: Thoughts

Total Pieces Written: 1
Total Pieces Published: 1
Total Pitches Sent: 0

VIDEO: Mainstage Performances VidCon 2014

I didn’t post last week.

I had a real shift in how I’m thinking about work. During the Dear Hank and John podcast, they said that if you’re more than 50% happy with your work, then you are doing well. John said he’s 75% happy. Hank said 80-85%. I am about 75% happy with work. I’m dissatisfied with the amount I’m earning but overjoyed with my schedule and the kind of work I’m producing. That was a nice realization. I found it to be a simple yet helpful metric for assessing my situation.

Ariana Burrell is a freelance writer and poet working in Southern California. You can find her lurking around the internet here: Instagram or Twitter or Website. If you’re so inclined you can leave her a tip here.

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2cJnFiQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment