Sunday, September 25, 2016

This Week in Writing: Picking a Niche

Total Pieces Written: 4
Total Pieces Published: 5
Total Pitches Sent: 0

VIDEO: The Play Diaries: Casting

Most of this year, I’ve been writing a bit of everything. To really take my writing career to the next level, I need to focus more. Nicole Dieker writes about finance. Jorden Roper writes about writing and IT. Cashville Skyline writes about finance and new media. Mridu Khullar Relph writes about India/Indian culture and writing. You see what I mean? In half a second, I can quickly and easily tell you what they specialize in writing. It took me longer to remember how to spell their names correctly.

Did I pick a niche? Yes, I think so. How to use social media to grow your business. I have spent the last 4 years or so working as a social media manager for various companies, in addition to my own business. Although I don’t have a huge social media following, I’ve parlayed my presence into a lot of opportunities for myself. Why not use that skill to help other companies.

Ariana Burrell is a freelance writer and poet working in Southern California. You can find her lurking around the internet here: Instagram or Twitter or Website. If you’re so inclined you can leave her a tip here.

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2da5qp7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment