Sunday, January 5, 2014

#3: Participate

     I got to set my own challenge today and I decided to participate. I've always been a stand on the sidelines observer of life. When I really want to do something I will shirk some of my wallflower ways and participate (aka went to Europe by myself for a month) but I avoid participating in smaller ways.
     I joined a meet up group for 20 somethings in my area and went to a BBQ in the park. It was quite nice even though I wasn't in my comfort zone. It was myself and 4 guys. They decided to throw a nerd football around and played horse on the basketball court. After much hesitation I participated in both activities. I remembered why I never did team sports...I have no athletic ability. For someone who precariously balances on a ladder all day at work, I have very little eye hand coordination. All in all it was a beautiful day in the park where I joined in.

No comments:

Post a Comment